Monday, April 9, 2012

It's almost time...


Today, the bank "funds" our loan...money is moved...the house itself changes hands. We can talk about it more later, but it's overwhelming and intense. Friday we went to our escrow company and signed hours of documents. Everything from a form making us agree to get flood insurance if we are in a flood zone, and then ANOTHER document making us aware that we ARE NOT in a flood zone.

I think we get our keys tomorrow.

The other final piece of the puzzle, is that over the weekend our house was tented and fumigated for termites - mostly preventative, no one freak out! When I first moved to Los Angeles and saw these striped tents I thought it was so insane. Now, I barely even notice them.


Look how big the building looks in it's stripey glory...jeez. The tent comes down today, the place airs out Tuesday, and Wednesday AM our workers go in and start some demo.

Get excited.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited! (Also, does that only exist in LA?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely doesn't exist in the midwest or east coast...I think the cold winters kill the termites!

      Delete